Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ring The Alarm

Ohhhemmmbejezus...for the past few days I have been besickened with some sort of influenza, thus, much too weak to post. But guess who's bizaack?! Today was a tres important day in the world of S5a fashions, as we had a PR event at the store to launch our contemporary Fall line. For some reason someone thought it would be a great idea to start the event at 8:30AM! When I got the meeting request for this event, I almost hit 'propose new time' as I knew it would take planning and effort on my part (as well as MTA!) to show up on time! (I usually dont leave my apartment until 8:35AM!)

Morning routine:- each morning, it usually takes me ~2.33hrs to get ready for work...not because I'm high-maintenance or all things such as, but b/c a) I battle the snooze button for an hour before motivating and crawling out of bed; b) shower for 20 mins; c) I pregame with OJ and VitaminC whilst listening to gangsta rap; d) 30mins to decide what to wear and iron said item. With allll that in mind, I set my alarm for 5:30AM, and wished for the best!

sooo ummm yea...I DIDN'T WAKE UP UNTIL 7:53AM!!!!! Blame it on the a-a-a-aaaa-a-al-alka selzter. Why is it that whenever you oversleep, you IMMEDIATELY go into shock when you wake up and stare at the clock like it's lying to you. Like "SHUT UP! No, there's nooooo way it's 7:53!!! Alarm clock u lie!!!" and then you check the clock on the wall...and your blackberry clock...and your watch...basically wasting 5 mins confirming that you indeed are running late! I had planned to wear a Kay Unger sheath black dress, but I was in such a panic mode, I threw on this random tutu-top I wore out last wknd and a theory boyfriend jacket and black leggings (the great thing about working in retail is that there really is no dresscode! I could literally go to M2 Thursday night, and wear the same outfit to work the next day! I'm not saying I've done this, I'm just seyin!)
Needless to say, I didn't make it to the event until 9...I'd like to think I was fashionably late. Afterall, it was a fashion event ;). Nonetheless, the event confirmed everything I had suspected alll along! FEATHERS ARE SOOO IN! I saw this chick in a peacock feather coat, and she was walking around and chattin' it up like it was perfectly normal to be wearing a PEACOCK FEATHER COAT IN THE COLDNESS THAT IS THE NY!! pure ridonkadonkness, but I loved it...every ridiculous minute of it; and I'm not seyin this b/c I'll be a peacock for Hween. Other things that I'm lovin are highlighted below! Part A for those who dont care about prices; Part B for those who're recessionistas (how do you know you're a recessionista? If you go to walgreens and make friends with the guy who works there JUST so you can receive the 15% off family discount, then yes my friend, YOU'RE a recessionista. I'm not saying I've done this, I'm just seyin!!,

***

Things I'm Lovin in the (Fall) '09!



Dolce Vita over-the-knee boot $300

Free People over-the-knee boot $128



Alice & Olivia feather dress $440
Zara feather dress $60



Sherry Cassin goat hair coat $795 (Two words: DRA-MA!! You really gotta pay top buck for this unless you wanna look like you shaved the poor goat yourself!)


p.s. Today was a tutu day at work! I literally saw at least 5 girls and one guy (lol jk!!) in some form of a tutu! One of the Buyer girls had on this Haute Hippie tutu dress. Retails for $493. Truly all sorts of tres cute. Do we love it??!

No comments:

Post a Comment