Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Farewell + Recipes for Success!


Tomorrow is my boss's last day in the office. I ordered 1.5 dozen cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery to celebrate her new and exciting adventure. At first I was going to order 2 dozen of the 'special cupcakes' at $3.00/pop, but then I remembered a) As great as she is, I dont really know her like that; b) I'm not sure if I've publicly disclosed my earnings, but lets just say, I think I very well qualify for food stamps??...and Magnolia don't accept no food stamps!! So 1.5 dozen of the regular cupcakes twill be (but before you judge me, keep in mind that Magnolia makes the most $crumptiou$ cupcake$ this side of the hemisphere).

Working at this new and exciting company has totally opened my eyes to levels of fabulousness and civility I never knew could exist within a Fortune-500 company. For ex, when people decide to pursue other adventures elsewhere, they aren't berated with threats of "so if in the future you decide to come back, do you really think this will bode well for you??". Secondly, they aren't buried with loads of work on their last day, forcing them to resort to trickery (such as pretending they have to use the restroom meanwhile they've gotten all their personal effects and made a run for it)...i'm just sezzin. Last but not least, they aren't excluded from important business meetings, and actually get to enjoy the perks of gainful employment. You mean I can actually attend client dinners, boat cruises, private luncheons AND meetings with important people? I meannn, je ne comprend pas!!. Vraiment???...and Friday's are casual days AND every other Friday is a half-day??! YOU LIE! I DIEEEE (even if it means food stamps till 2012, so be it!)
But I digress...since I'll be partaking in cupcake eating activities tomorrow, this means I must scale back further on my diet. Which brings me to the point of this post: Relaying the recipe for deliciousness/success!! As mentioned previously, my diet for this week will consist of 2 cups of steamed veges + 1 ounce chicken.

VEGETABLE SIDE DISH
1) Mix equal parts (1/4 cup): carrots, corn, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, eggplant, edamame and peas in a lightly greased stir-frypan. (If you're scraped for time like I was, just buy a pre-packaged bag of veges)
2) Cook for 5 mins, after which you can add in a 1/2 cup of your favorite broth + salt/black pepper for taste. Please note that you don't want to overcook this as there's nothing worse than soggy veges!
3) Voila! almost ready to serve

CHICKEN MAIN DISH
1) Just buy a ready-to-eat rotisserie! (who has time to make this from scratch??!)
2) If you like your food extra spicy like I do, reheat in the oven after dousing with black pepper, lemon pepper and some pepper sauce!
3) If you're fishetarian, jumbo tiger shrimp goes especially well with this.

READY TO SERVE!! This is a delicious and guilt-free meal which is guaranteed to make you salivate and look forward to lunch time!! (I know I can't wait until 12:15PM tomorrow!!)

p.s. How weird is it that I'm giving 'recipes'??? Did we find this helpful or no?? (for those of you that are thinking 'waiiit...all she did was heat up some ish!!' HUSH!' The rest, please voice your opinion!

NEXT TOPIC: Appropriate sailing attire.

~xoxo~

2 comments:

  1. u have GOTS to help me with some approp GOLF-WEARING ATTIRE!!!!!!!!!

    i marched the class on monday wearing spandex, a steelers tshirt that didn't cover my ass, boat shoes, and a wooly grandfather sweater.

    s'il vous plait, sauvez-moi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dios mios!!! Pray take a gander: http://www.thegreenmagazine.com/content/more-one-thing?page=0,1

    ReplyDelete