So my group had a meeting today whereby we discussed this new and exciting event we'll be launching (I can't go into detail as it is strictly confidential...and those of you who know me know I simply do not understand the meaning of that word, but for employment reasons, I am slowly but surely learning!). Anyways my assigned task was to find an affiliate we could partner with, and send a sample of their emails to the Creative Director. So I head back to my desk, retrieve said email, and forward along to the appropriate person.
Two minutes later, her analyst comes to my desk and is like "J told me to come get a printout of the file, since what you emailed her CRASHED HER COMP!!!". Mind you, the same email had quasi-crashed my comp when I tried to open it, but silly me decided to reboot and forward along (eat your Wheaties children! Trust, I would certainly had eatEN mine had the carton of milk in my refrigerator not turned into cottage-cheese...ugh and the expiration date said Oct 9th!!. Je ne comprend pas!!). But anyways I was like "ohhhemmgeee, I'm soo sorry! Yea that file has a lot of graphic so maybe that's while it crashed it???!". I printed out the file and walked to J's office with said analyst to deliver it.
When I enter her corner office, I see this large vase filled with beauuuuutiful peacock feathers!!! Those of you who've gone shopping with me lately know my new-found inclination to feathers!! I was about to blurt out "ohhhemmgeee, I'm going to be a peahen for Halloween!! Those feathers would be great!!", but the spirit moved me and I instead apologized for crashing her comp with my corrupted file; she was surprisingly polite about the entire thing. So polite in fact, that as I was walking out, I asked if she wanted anything from Starbucks, as I was 'pretend' going there. As luck would have it, she said no...which is reallly what I was banking on bc it would have been soo tragic to have to walk alllll the way to Starbucks when I hadn't initially planned on doing so. <-- I really need to stop offering people services I can't deliver on (did I discuss the time I was walking with E on a rainy day, and I accidentally poked this quasi-homeless man in the eye with my umbrella???! He was making SUCH a big deal about it, I had to ask him if he wanted me to take him to the hospital. Luckily he said no, which is REALLY what I was banking on given I didn't even have insurance at that time (read: 2 weeks ago! Whaaaaaa! My insurance card hadn't arrived and I was banking on Obama's HealthCare Plan passing!!).
Moral of the story: I gotsta pick up some milk tonight!!
p.s. So the other night, at this work event, my VP asked our PR guy how I'm doing (as in if I'm picking things up and such as). He responds: "yeaa she's like super outgoing and stylish, so yeaa she's like doing a good job!". At first I thought "I.HAVE.ARRIVED" and then I noticed his snakeskin blazer and just smh'd. La Dolce Vita y'all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment