Friday, February 26, 2010

WWDD??!!!


I awakened this morning with one thought on my mind: sooo glad Jesus took the wheel and steered this week into Friday (aka TGIF!!). Seriously, I've never been soo glad for the week to be over...and it only got better when I got out of the shower and saw I had one missed and two text messages. Usually a missed call this early in the AM could only mean one of two things: a) Citi Student Loan center calling (looong story, but 4 years at Penn will do that to a chick) or b) MY BOSS CALLING TO LET ME KNOW OUR OFFICE IS OPEN BUT WE CAN USE JUDGEMENT IN COMING IN AND IF IT'S REALLY BAD IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD I SHOULDN'T COME IN AND SHE'S DEF NOT COMING IN BC IT'S REALLY BAD IN THE WEST SIDE!!!!


It turned out to be the latter! This day literally just got better in the 20 minutes I was in the shower!!


Everyone gets really excited about snow days, but really, what is there to do indoors in ones' tiny studio on a day like this? Blog? (already doing that). Check facebook? (done). Laundry (did last week). Make bfast? (not hungry). Sleep some mo (already too pumped from blasting my Mannie Fresh on repeat). After watching Diddy's "behind the music" a couple of weeks ago, and learning more about his rags-to-riches story, I find myself asking "What Would Diddy Do??" when posed with certain go-getter situations. Like, should I stay late at work and finish up on some stuff or head out to happy hour with the amigos? What Would Diddy Do? ANS: He would stay late AND hit up the hottest after-party later (apparently that man DONT sleep!). So on a day like today, when presented with the option of staying in and watching Maury and The View, I feel as though Diddy would still go into work and Tivo Maury...so that's what I'mma do...besides, I already painted my face on so I might as well head out, no?


p.s The first text message was my boss reiterating that she's not coming in. The second one said
"It's ugly out here - I just picked up 2 women that wiped out in the street. Be careful out there. - Superman" <-- whoooo???? At first I was like "omggg did Superman really just text me?" and then I realized I have a friend I nicknamed Superman...(looong story, but 2 years at Citi will make a chick get creative with the nicknames)




No comments:

Post a Comment