Hiii followers!! (all 2 of you....lol but hey, who's counting?)
I had the most hilarious gchats conversation earlier today with a certain someone, who for reasons unknown to me wishes to remain anonymous (gurl how many times must I say this? OWN YOUR BRAND!!). Anyways, she mentioned that she went to get her hair washed at the hair salon (in a popular mall in Nairobi). Determined to get to her appointment on time, she was speed walking and slowed down only when she noticed a man running to catch up to her. "I'm sorry to disturb you, but I work for the prime minister/president of Gabon (or whatever), and he just noticed you and would like to meet you", he said, motioning to a man surrounded by security detail. Of course when I hear this my eyes light up and I'm all like "omggg shut up!! are you serious?? please tell me you gave him your phone number, business card, address and blackberry pin!" Nope, so determined was she to get her hair washed (TBW) that she replies by telling the man she's not interested!! At this point I'm like on the edge of my seat, asking "sooo what did he say??". "He asked for a card or number aaand...I said I didn't have one; then he asked if I was Kenyan, I said I was American. Then he asked if I would meet the excellency...and I was like 'my dry scalp wont heal itself' and bid him adieu"
**faints**When I resuscitate I find the energy to type "NOOOOOOOOO!!!! YOU COULD HAVE BEEN THE 1ST LADY OF GABON!!! (or whatever)". To which she responds "meh, they are slacking on their GDP!"
Seriously, who cares if a country is slackin on their GDP?? It's like Michelle Obama saying "no, I'm gonna pass on being FLOTUS...gurll this recession is not a good look". Who says no to such an offer? When presented with the possibility of becoming 1st lady, one must simply not even think twice and literalllly seize the day and never look back! REALLY! Sure it's a long shot from a random citing at a mall to becoming the 1st lady, but when there's a will, there's a way...secondly, isn't that how all lasting relationships begin? That's how Harry met Sally, no?
In any case, I just find it tres interesting how biased the universe is. Some people are approached by security guards, others are approached by the security guard on behalf of the president of Gabon (or whatever). Oh well, you win some you lose some. *kanye shrug*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment