I pay for the items before I noticed the brownies laying coyly by the checkout counter. urggghhh if only I hadn't paid, I could have added a brownie (or three!) to the list! But what's done is done and it's probably for the best as I see a line quickly forming behind me -- and I know those bankers absolutely loathe people that mess up the well-oiled machine that is the checkout process. On my way out, Kathy shouts out in her usual overly-friendly manner, "see you tomorrow!!!". I want to inform her that she will actually NOT see me tomorrow as I plan on turning my life around by tomorrow AM by going on another yet detox-cleanse, but I figure she'll soon figure it out soon enough.
***
Three hours later, the coffee is gone, bagel gone, and 1/2 the sandwich devoured. The idea of running out in the wintery snow to grab pizza crosses my mind, and I try to fight the urge by focusing on my work. Nope, this helps not one bit. I quickly finish the other 1/2 of my delicious yet unsatisfying balsamic chicken avocado sandwich, hoping that this too will help fight the unwavering urge to run outside and grab a slice of pizza. Again, this helps not one bit. I finally decide that I'll run outside after my 1:00 meeting to grab a slice. Fastfoward 20 mins and I receive word that the meeting is actually postponed - I take this as a sign from the man above that I reallllly should put on my snowboots, parka, gloves and scarf and walk 2 blocks in the wintery mix to procure a slice of $4 pizza...which I do!***
Perhaps it's because I haven't had a slice of pizza in ages, or perhaps it's because the BBQ chicken pizza from Red Stone Cafe is laced with crack cocaine, but I found it to be simply decadent! I've been shying away from chicken and red meat for over a month now, so the taste was rather foreign to me, but I enjoyed it in ways that some might find concerning. In any case, it was simply delic, and as such, it was only appropriate that I discuss just how delic this slice of pizza was, by updating my gchat status and sharing my joy with the world. One of my friends responded with "ohh wowww Charlyn, you are REALLLY living!!" lol...hmm not sure if he was being sarcastic, but nonetheless, I responded with "I sure izz! HAPPY FAT TUESDAYYY!" I then proceeded to wash down the slice of pizza with a coke REGULAR! It was certainly worth the extra 200 calories!
***
Fastforward 3 hours and it's time for my group's Mardi Gras party. One of the manager's ordered a King Cake directly from Nooorleans and it arrived around 2PM that day. We were all rather concerned that it wouldn't arrive in time due to the snow storm and such as, but FedEx proved to be rather reliable and it got there in time for our Mardi Gras party....(p.s. yes, it simply is THAT serious!). She was gracious enough to serve a slice of cake to all the attendees. Now, I've never actually had King Cake before and I have to admit I was a bit unimpressed by it's peculiar oval shape and coloring (yellow and green...green bay packers, anyone?) but that didn't stop me from digging in. mmmmm cream cheese filling does the body good! (good meaning bad!). I guess I must have finished my slice rather quickly, b/c my boss (who btw proclaimed she would be eating vicariously through me since she herself was currently on a detox) asked me if I was sure I didn't want seconds. I assured her I was fine...and continued licking off remnants of the creme cheese filling. Two milliseconds later, I change my mind and cut off another slice for myself. Totally worth the extra 1000 calories.
***
I had every intention of heading home after work and doing my pilates, however a friend texted me and asked if I could join him for dinner. Me, say no to food? not in this lifetime! So I left work and headed down to Union Square to meet him at this cuteish Thai place (after making a stop at the store to get a pair of snowboots...you know, for the next time I have to head out to procure pizza in a snowstorm). My memory fails me despite the fact that I literally just came from there, but I can't seem to recall the name of the restaurant...Republican, I believe it was called? Anyways, I ordered the salmon noodle bowl, which as you can imagine, did change my life. I could only manage a few bites and slurps as my digestive system was still trying to cope with the sudden overload of nutrients. I wish I could better describe how it tasted, but let me just say this: I found a piece of seran wrap plastic IN MY SOUP, but I simply dug it out, placed it on the side of my plate, and kept slurping away!! My dining buddy was like "OMGGG CHARLYN! YOU'RE TAKING THIS SO WELL! YOU JUST FOUND PLASTIC IN YOUR FOOD!"....but I was like "hmpf, these things happen! You were saying??? ** slurps**"
***
So altogether, I must have ingested more than 6000 calories today....but would I do it again? youbetcha! I guess the only thing I would change is I would have asked the chef at Republican(?) to be a bit more vigilant in his preparation of the salmon broth, lest he be fired like our dear Chef David from Sushi Uo..just a suggestion!
p.s. So last Sunday, Jaune-et-Noire Groupe hosted it's very first event for the Depression & Bipolar Support Alliance, and we raised over $300 in only a few short hours! This might not seem like much, but let me caveat that by saying the event was literally planned like 18hours in advance, and umm...there were several glitches in our communication of said event to potential attendants. The event, which was a Happy Hour Benefit, was held at Barramundi Lounge in the LES. Some patrons came up to me and asked "how is it that you're hosting a bipolar event at a bar? bipolar people shouldnt be drinking, no?"...to which I responded "sir, it is a $10 donation. Will you donate or not?". All in all, we did pretty well for ourselves and I couldn't be happier. I'm sure Viv was smiling down from above (esp after I coaxed the bartender to allow me to play "single ladies"!!!).
If you were unable to attend and would like to donate, please do so at:
http://www.dbsalliance.org/site/TR/Events/Content-DonateNow?pg=fund&fr_id=1030&pxfid=1660

republic.
ReplyDeleterepublican..lmaosmhatt (all the time).