Sunday, December 13, 2009

Foolywang that needs to stay in the '09

As we approach the end of 2009 and embark upon 2010 (20-10), I feel it only right but to compile a list of foolywang things which simply must stay in the '09.

The idea to compile such an altruistic list came to mind as I perused the aisles of CVS on this rainy Sunday evening, much like I do every Sunday evening...I dont know, there's just something that feels right about spending a Sunday evening at CVS. It's like my tradition. Some people have their football games; I have Mass, followed by an hour at CVS stocking up on things I dont necessarily need ($10/10 beef jerky?? YES PLEASE!...and I don't even really care for jerky!)

So like every other Sunday evening, I pranced into the CVS on Union Square and made a beeline for the dollar aisle. As I approached the buy-one-get-one free Pringles section (you already know I quickly placed these in my shopping cart!), I couldn't help buy notice a leather jacket hanging by the pringles. "Now why would someone leave their jacket here???!," I thought to myself....until I noticed the tag still affixed to the jacket. The tag which read "CVS LEATHER JACKET. $19.99". I LITERALLY burst out laughing!. NO NO NO...NO CVS. No you did not just diversify your product offering to include contemporary apparel! Who buys this??? Who is your target consumer??
I'm not mocking the fact that the leather is CVS brand, but rather the fact that the CVS "leather" jacket doesn't even attempt to look chic. It's like the designer thought to him/herself "I meannnnn, why even bother??? Let's face it, whoever is buying their contemporary outerwear on the SAME AISLE as their beef jerky just aint init to winit". I mean really. Taking it a step further, imagine if someone were to ask you where you got your 'interestinggg' jacket? Do you say "oh it's CVS?" without fear of iliciting a "come again??" remark along with dramatic side eye glances? Needless to say, I'm quite perplexed by the direction CVS is heading...if they're pushing leather jackets this year, I shudder to think what will be introduce in 20-10!! Someone please take the wheel! In the meantime, I sure hope this is foolywang that needs to stay in the '09!


p.s. Imagine getting that as a gift?? loling


Other foolywang that should stay in the '09
5. Taxi drivers who insist on giving female passengers their brother's number.
--> umm just because I'm coming home alone does not mean I want your brother's number. Thanks but no thank ya!

4. Chubby uncontrollable children
--> why was this chubby 5-yr old yelling at me to make haste at the checkout counter? Clearly she had lost her mind. Even worse was the fact that her mother seemed to reward her by buying her a bag of chips. Clearly she's must have aspirations of one day playing Precious

3. Landlords that dont supply enough heat
--> I will say no more

2. Inappropriate Endorsements
--> for ex, eHarmony sponsoring episodes of Snapped. How does this even make sense?

1. The Recession?
--> Seems kinda old now, no?


With that said, HAPPY HOLIDAYS -- SEASONS GREETINGS y'all!
(p.s. for some reason I couldn't seem to remember the grouping of this phrase the other day. I was like "Happy Greetings!! wait...Merry Holidays!"). smh

4 comments:

  1. lmaoooooo CHARLYNNNN U MADE ME SNORTLEEEEE MY COOKIE OUTTA MY MOUTH - ughh where are u when i need you?? IE: at every meal time, so i can spend half the meal choking/spitting out my food/blowing it outta my nose bc u are so f'in HILARRIOUSSSS.

    annd...theres no way the CVS look coulda been SOOO FAUX IT WURKS long as u pair it wit some gucci flats and tom ford aviators???? namean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOL..OL...L...no no, the leather jacket would never everr work. When I saw it I def thought some trucker had forgotten his jacket!
    but yea, twould never work...not even with gucci flats and TF aviators!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By far one of my faves!!!! So glad I hadn't checked in a while, b/c now I have more to read...hmm do I save them for a rainy day? haha! when have I ever twatted anything! On to the next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ::googling twatted:: gurl are YOU familiar with it's meaning? it appears you are not...as per urban dictionary and as per free dictionary. hmm

    ReplyDelete