Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thursday

As we do almost each day, J.Hsu and I were gchattin it up about topics ranging from the disaster in Haiti, to enrolling in Urban Escape & Evasion courses (a $750 class about: Students will learn some specialized escape and lockpicking skills. Students will spend time in the city in an extensive (extended) escape and evasion simulation. Students will be required to obtain food, water, and shelter and remain overnight in the city. They will need to avoid capture, and they will be required to complete several tests or scenarios that will require advanced students to truly apply their Scout and urban survival skills.) <-- yea I think I'll pass on this one; and of course, fashionnnn! And the following convo took place, which I found hilar and worth sharing:


Jean: omg i am like CRUSADING for haiti. it is my civil responsibility
whilst also perusing www.bloomingdales.com


Jean: control urself girlfriend!!!! 2010 is no year for mink or other said animal purchases!!!

me: lolol but it soooo hottt

Jean: we must conceal any hints towards wealth lest we be askin for a stonin!!!!!!!!!!
9k that could have been donated to haiti namean!??!!

****
While I would loooove to get a Mink (my birthday is but 148 days away *cough, cough*), on a more serious note, I completely agree that nothing is more important than helping those in need! Like a wise man once said "To him in whom love dwells, the whole world is but one family"...Haiti may seem thousands of miles away, but we are all citizens of the world and should act accordingly. I've personally chosen to get involved with http://www.theglobalsyndicate.org/get_involved.html. Do what you can with what you have...b/c like I say all the time, "these things happen" and you just never know when you'll be next.

Hate to sign off on such a debbie downer note, but....

No comments:

Post a Comment