We brainstormed on what would be the appropriate message to convey to the talent scout. "We are career minded women who are oh so eager to be rained on" somehow didn't make the cut. After about two more milliseconds of brainstorming, I brazenly sent the following:
Hello there!
It recently came to our attention that Jabari Evans aka Neledge, will be shooting a music video in NYC this weekend. As fellow UPenn graduates and HUGE fans of Kidz in the Hall ::starts humming "i got it made":: we would love to be a part of this, in whatever capacity needed (preferably as video girls!!!). Please advise if you would require our services.
Kind Regards (and looking forward to your detailed response),
[inserts govt names]
12 hours later, I get a response saying "please send pictures".
I meannnn, did I or did I not say "LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR DETAILED REPONSE". Dude didn't even punctuate his response! Anywho, shocked, I texted Jean "umm is this demeaning??" Does it matter what we look like? As aspiring video vixens shouldn't he be confident that we look good?
*sigh* I didn't send the pic as I was in Williamsburg buying a wardrobe <-- this is another post in an of itself (involves a hipster, white prep boy buying drugs from a dark SUV, two jamaican movers and me...only in NY I tell ya!) So instead of making the music video that would have catapulted my career, I was in Williamsburg, negotiating on a wardrobe.
So yea, Saturday wasn't so much a "dolce vita" day...more like FML (did I mention the wardrobe I bought is now laying in my living room all sorts of in bits of pieces?) Truly a FML day.
p.s. This is the pic I was marinating on sending. I do believe it captures our very essence. Thoughts???

girllllll my name is all sorts of tied to this post!! i better not hear HR hollerin at me. and i still cannot believe you made that picture PUBLIC!!!! lmao debonaire really needs to do a few head shots for us so we can send them on over when the opportunity next arises.
ReplyDeletecannot wait for some more hilar posts from you - xx
Love how your cameo in the pic is half your face (mind you, half of that half is covered with your bangs) I'm sure Jean will get a call ba........OMG is that your LEG??? I die!!!
ReplyDelete